Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cruise

We recently returned from a Western Caribbean cruise to Belize, Isla Roatan Honduras, and
Cozumel Mexico. As you will see from the pictures, we had a great time and it was very beautiful!


















We went Snorkeling in Belize. Afterward they took us to a private island where we could drink unlimited Rum Punch (or.....water for us!) There were about 10-15 senior citizens on our boat ride back that were VERY intoxicated. Very good entertainment.















As a matter of fact, I think that a few of these drunken individuals are in the background of this picture.














Isla Roatan, Honduras. Awesome coral reefs!















We wanted to snorkel out to this ship wreck, but we had to reserve this snorkeling adventure before hand. Maybe next time!




























Doug's main goal of our vacation was to take back a number of shells. We rode a lift over the water and Doug found a conch shell that he HAD to have. Security let him take one shell. This shell caused us more problems than we anticipated. First of all, we had to keep it in our room for the rest of the week with the conch still inside. It produced the most foul smell that my nose has every encountered. THEN we had to make it through customs with this stinky shell. You could smell it through his suitcase! Miraculously, the dogs only knew how to smell drugs and not rotting sea creature so we made it through customs. The worst part was driving home with it in our trunk. The smell was so bad that we could smell it while driving, with the shell wrapped in 5 bags in the trunk. All for a stinkin' shell!! He really likes it, so I guess it was worth it :)




























There were hundreds of iguanas laying around in Mexico. This one was really big, but the picture doesn't give it justice. We're still trying to figure out our camera.














Mayan Ruins of Tulum, Mexico














This was the biggest temple in Tulum. It was where sacrifices were made. It was amazing how much work was put into this temple, especially back when they didn't have the resources that we have today.

































































We finished our day in Mexico with some Fish Tacos and Chicken Cheese Quesedilla's and fresh coconut milk. It was all really tasty!!

10 comments:

  1. You updated!!! I went to Cancun last year and saw some of those Mayan ruins! I actually was planning a Carribbean cruise too ... I just cannot commit to it though. Miss her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you blog!! It's good to see some pictures and hear of what you've been up to. Cruises sound fun. We're too poor. All of our money goes to feeding our kid and fixing up our house! Ha! We wouldn't have it any other way!!!

    Your trip looks like so much fun!!!! I would love to do and see some of those ruins and to go snorkeling! That wrecked ship looks awesome!!! Too bad you didn't get to explore it.

    Good post. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I am so jealous! It looks like a blast! The scenery looks amazing! Loved the shell story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like so much fun and I was laughing so hard about the Conch shell! Wish I could see you sometime!! I'm sure you won't be there when we visit in June right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. my goodness... you two are a fine looking couple! so glad that you had a blast on your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! That is so funny about the stinky shell! I probably would have been gagging the whole way home. :) That looked like so much fun and soooo beautiful! Ah! You guys are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun vaca!!! You forgot to take me as your carry on though! Those ruins are really pretty. I would have loved to go to Roatan. Casey went down to Honduras on his mish so maybe we'll make it down there sometime! I'm surprised you made it all the way home with that shell! I would have ditched it I think but now you'll have that story to tell about it! You guys are such a cute couple!!! Glad to see you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun Fun Fun! So glad you had a good time - and that the stupid shell didn't eat you. I heard that it was actually a zombie shell - and that it was planning on eating your brains... and since everyone knows that Zombies smell bad - it was worried that you knew what it was. But I guess that's why you married a Zombie killer (aka... killer of all things ... aka... Doug).
    :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. KATIE!! I need an update!!! :) What's been goin' on layday!!!!

    ReplyDelete